Hello! The Gnostic Academy of Chicago is dedicated to applying practical techniques for intense spiritual transformation. The best practice we use for this purpose is meditation.
Classes are held at Spring Yoga and Fitness Studio in Chicago.
Meditation sessions and lectures are held on the first, third, and (when applicable) fifth Saturdays of the month. Classes begin and end promptly on time (from 3 to 5 p.m.). Please be sure to arrive five minutes early.
Meditation classes are free, although donations are welcome. We do not have membership dues, subscriptions, or "masters" of any given lineage to follow. Neither do you need to take any vows in order to participate.
For more information about what meditation is, see this article.
Along with our meditation sessions, we also provide instruction and lectures when possible.
Lectures are recorded and uploaded to our website: chicagognosis.org/courses, which you can access at your convenience. Check them out to see if our teachings are a good fit for you.
Address: 3940 N. Lincoln (We are on the second floor on the west side of Lincoln Ave, just south of the Lincoln/Damen/Irving Park intersection)
• Available on Lincoln, Damen, and Irving Park. If you park at a meter, you never have to walk more than 1 block.
Non-meter and non-permit parking
• Available on all the side streets in every direction. There is non-meter parking on Damen, 1 block south of the Studio, as well. If you're willing to walk a few blocks, you should always be able to find non-meter parking.
• Route 50 Damen - stops at Irving Park/Damen, half a block from Spring Yoga Studio.
• Route 11 Lincoln - stops at Irving Park/Lincoln, half a block from Spring Yoga Studio.
• Route 80 Irving Park - stops at Irving Park/Damen, half a block from Spring Yoga Studio.
• Brown Line - stops at Irving Park/Ravenswood, 2 blocks from Spring Yoga Studio.
The entrance to the yoga studio is to the left of the nail salon. Enter the door beneath the sign for Spring Yoga and Fitness. Ascend the stairs to the front desk. Ask for Glorian Publishing’s meditation and yoga class.
Have questions? Write to us!
Please register on our meetup page so we know to expect you!
We hope to see you soon!
-The Gnostic Academy of Chicago